St. James gets money for renovations

St. James United, whose façade emerged into the light in 2005 on Ste-Catherine after being hidden by another building in the 1920s, has been given a grant by Quebec to begin necessary repairs on its front steps and roof. The building dates from 1888 before the United Church even existed, and was originally a Methodist church.